Brian Abel, a freight network engineer with KSM Transport Advisors, will speak at the 2017 Surface Transportation Summit Oct. 11 in Ontario, Canada. The conference offers numerous sessions to present shippers, carriers, and industry suppliers with insights into the state of surface freight transportation in North America.
Abel’s session, “Effective Strategies to Improve the Profitability of Your Trucking Business,” will review strategies that carriers can adopt to drive profitability. This session will provide insights into how carriers can use smart math to maximize their margins. Additionally, Abel will share how to calculate the value of carriers’ customers and lanes as well as how that calculation can be used to engineer a freight network to improve profitability.
Additional conference topics will include:
- The Donald Trump Effect and the Economy in 2018: What Trends Will Impact Your Business?
- An Inside Look at the Future of Transportation
- Bridging the Generational Gap
- Best Practices in Developing a Driver Recruitment and Retention Strategy
- Major Issues in Transportation Across Canada
- How to Build a Successful Business and Brand
To learn more or register, visit the conference website.